Odoo Developer/Architect - Finance Team
SprintIT is the largest Odoo partner in the Nordics. We are a rapidly growing consulting, service, and software company in the modern ERP market, headquartered in Helsinki. Our solutions and services are based on the Odoo business solution and our own custom-made apps. With over 50+ specialized consultants and developers spread across Finland and India, we are available for more than 100+ customers in Finland and Nordic countries every day.
We think the old closed systems are yesterday and the future lies in open source solutions. Due to strong demand, we are strengthening our expertise in all areas of our customer project teams. We offer an interesting opportunity to be involved in building the business systems of the future, based on open source Odoo technology.
We are seeking an experienced Developer/Architect with expertise in the accounting finance domain to join our team. In this job it is possible to become a wide-ranging expert in Odoo. The candidate will be responsible for providing Odoo-based solutions to our customers.
In this position, you will become a part of our energetic four-person accounting and finance team. You will enjoy your work if you have experience and/or interest in financial software. You will be able to use your previous expertise in combining business and technical skills and product development.
Our IT responsibilities are divided into the following:
- Python programming in the MVC framework
- PostgreSQL relational databases
- Integration technologies such as HTTP, XML, XSL, JSON,
- Linux server environments
As an Odoo Architect/Developer you would:
- Work with the customer and the project team to design, develop, and deploy customized Odoo solutions to meet the customer's business requirements.
- Collaborate with other developers, architects, and consultants to develop new Odoo modules, enhance existing modules, and integrate Odoo with other systems.
- Provide ongoing support to our existing customers, including troubleshooting, bug fixing, and feature enhancements.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects concurrently, ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of solutions.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Odoo development trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Continuously improve our internal processes, tools, and methodologies to increase efficiency and quality.
- Learn from and teach other developers to help them grow their skills and knowledge.
- Communicate effectively with clients, both orally and in writing, to gather requirements, provide updates, and present solutions.
These will make you excellent in the role:
- Experience in developing and customizing Odoo solutions, preferably in the accounting domain.
- Strong understanding of finance-related business processes, such as accounting, invoicing, taxation, and reporting.
- Experience with PostgreSQL database administration and optimization.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum).
- Good to have Finnish language skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
To give you an idea of what to expect, your working time will probably be divided like this:
- 20% - Current customer support tasks
- 30% - Product development
- 20% - Customer projects
- 30% - Development and administration of yourself and the company.
What we have to offer:
- The friendliest Sprinter community of like-minded and international IT people
- A manager who appreciates you as a person
- Open knowledge-sharing environment – exclusive access to a rich pool of colleagues willing to share their endless insights into the broadest variety of modern technologies and processes.
- Extended medical / health care insurance program
- Flexible work time and location, HQ in Pitäjänmäki, Helsinki
- Choose your preferred OS and tools from G Suite, Odoo and Slack offering
- Sick Child Care support
- Casual events, Tuesday & Thursday coffees, team lunches, annual company events etc.
- Lunch deduction benefit, coffee, drinks & snacks provided at the office
Does that sound tempting? If you are interested and want to join us, please submit your application via the link below. We'll contact you as soon as possible. Attach a short presentation and your resume.
If you come up with any questions or want to have a quick chat before making any further decisions, just reach out to our People Team Member Jitendra Pathai, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are Sprinters! Want to see what we are like in daily life? Get to know our fun side on Instagram: @sprintitpeople!
The deadline to apply for this role is April 30th 2023, and we will review applications as they are received.